Starting a Shopify store may not be that difficult but it takes SEO to get a high ranking in the search engines and drive traffic to the store.
Despite the fact Shopify has lots of built-in SEO optimization tools, these tools are accessible to all merchants - so if you want to get a headstart in the competition, it's advised to look into various SEO tools that can give you a boost in your ranking.
Fortunately, there are many tools that can help to automate and simplify SEO. Here are 20 of the best Shopify tools that help make a store more visible so potential customers can find it.
- Free Shopify SEO Tools
- SEO Tools Under $10/Month
- SEO Tools That Cost Between $10 and $20 A Month
- SEO Tools That Cost Between $20 and $30/month
- SEO Tools with a One-Time Price
I. Free Shopify SEO Tools
01. Avada SEO Suite
SEO Suite is a good option for any store builder who wants to handle on-page SEO effortlessly. It is designed to optimize images, meta tags and structure data for Google. Improve website loading speed and increase click rate with standardized meta tags.
A great feature is that ALT tags can be added automatically to every image on three pages: blog posts, product page and collection page. This tool is guaranteed by Avada to be free forever.
- Image Optimization (With Alt Text Optimization and Image Sizes Optimization)
- Site Verification: Verify your website authority with Google Search Console, Bing, Pinterest, Yandex Webmaster Tools, Baidu, Alexa, Norton Safe Web.
- Structured Data: Add structured data (Google snippets, json+ld) to your page: Product page, Collection page, Blog listing page, Single Blog, Business, review, item list structured data
- Detailed SEO analysis on your product pages with problem report and improvement solutions
- Integration with all Shopify Page Builder Apps.
02. SEO Plus
SEO Plus tool scans the web pages without your intervention and updates them to keep content fresh. Installation is easy and it is possible to customize displayed content and upload fresh material to pages regularly to keep a store ranking for new keywords. Content optimization for all screen sizes and support for various languages are other useful features.
Other Key Features:
- Dynamically displays fresh content, for each product, each day to make sure that your content is always up-to-date. Content Update has been cited as a new and important SEO tactic - When you tell Google your content is new, you’ll get a spike in traffic that will make the tiny amount of work required well worth it.
- Customize the displayed content as you want. Modify the look and feel to match your theme. Optimized across all screen sizes including desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- Multi-language support.
03. KS (SEO Keywords Suggester)
KS SEO Keywords Suggester allows users to expand the reach of their product pages by helping them to find keywords. A site needs to have more than 500 impressions for this plugin to work.
As per tech experts on college papers, install KS, connect it with Google Search Console and it will start to offer relevant keyword suggestions. It will find new keywords to target, even on pages that already get organic search.
04. Answer The Public
Answer The Public is another handy SEO tool that can make your keyword research less pain-taking. Simply add your keyword to the search box and get dozens of keyword suggestions.
05. Ahrefs' Free Tools
If you ever searched anything SEO-related on Google, you must have read an Ahrefs article at least one - being one of the powerhouse within the industry - Ahrefs provides an all-in-one SEO toolset to help you easily take SEO into your own hands, or scale it up to another level.
It will cost you from 99$ to 999$ to get access to Ahrefs basic and advanced features. However, the good people at Ahrefs are dedicated to growing the community and so they put forward various free tools at our disposal.
What these free tools do:
- Webmaster tools: Monitor your site's SEO healthy with extensive scan to pinpoint any SEO issues.
- Backlink checker: See all every page linking to your website (or your competitors' side) to find backlink opportunities. In-depth backlink analysis.
- Website Authority Checker: "Website authority" is an SEO concept that refers to the "strength" of a given domain. Ahrefs helps you to calculate this metric and see all areas of improvement for a better authority.
- Amazon/Youtube/Bing Keyword tool: Discover the keywords people use to search on Amazon/Youtube and Bing with SEO metrics including, but not limited to Search Volume, Keyword Difficulty, Volume by Countries.
- SERP Checker: SERP Checker tool lets you see real-time search results from any location, without using proxies and location-specific IP addresses.
- Keyword Rank/Difficulty Checker: See all keyword rankings for any website or web page (either yours or your competitors) - and get accurate keyword difficulty metric for these keywords.
II. Shopify SEO Tools Under $10 a month
01. Smart SEO
Smart SEO allows automatic generation of alt tags and meta tags. It is powerful enough to generate meta tags in a matter of seconds with the use of a template.
It supports the Shopify multi-language feature, enabling users to create meta tags for each language in a store. The tool also generates structured data for every product on collection pages.
- Image Optimization - speed up your website by optimizing the size of your images with one of the best image optimization algorithms.
- Instant page to make your website faster - Smart SEO makes your site's pages instant. When a user hovers over a link on your website for more than 65 ms, Smart SEO will load the page in the background, making it available before the user clicks on the link.
- Alt Tags -generate image ALT Tags to provide better image context to search engines, helping them index an image properly.
- Broken links -automatically detect and fix broken links or non-existent pages which visitors hit on your site.
- JSON-LD Structured Data - provide structured data to Google in JSON-LD format to let search engines know your store in detail and rank it higher in search results.
- Meta Tags -automatically generate МЕТА Тags (meta title and description). Smart SEO is the only SEO app for Shopify to generate meta tags instantly.
- Multi-language SEO -Smart SEO supports the new Shopify Store Languages (multi-language) feature, thus helping you improve the SEO for each language in your store.
- Remove Microdata - Smart SEO will check for microdata (structured data described in a legacy format) and remove it if present in your store.
Unique selling points
- Automate the daunting SEO tasks, improve rankings, drive more organic traffic, and boost sales.
- Cut down the time you spend on SEO optimization by more than 80%.
- 7 days trial, with a FREE plan available.
Live chat, email support, and documentation with explanatory videos available on all plans. Easy access to resources and support right in the app.
- 7-day trial FREE plan available and a paid plan that costs from $9.99 a month.
- Available for development store.
02. SEO Content Blocks
SEO Content Blocks allows users to easily add SEO-optimized content blocks to the top, sides or bottom of a page. Shopify does not give the option of adding extra content blocks so this is a useful feature.
Users can add slides, FAQ sections as well as links to other pages. The basic plan costs $5.99 a month and comes with a 9-day free trial. There are also standard and premium plans that cost more.
SEOMetriks helps you to research keywords and identify those you need to use. It gives a step-by-step SEO roadmap and allows a user to check site rankings, run SEO audits, and analyze backlinks.
It focuses more on marketing than some general SEO tools because it includes performance of competitors and social media performance.
Other key features:
- Integration with Google Analytics, Google PageSpeed Insights, Alexa, Moz, Facebook, Twitter
- Automated Keyword Rank Tracking, Keyword Research and SEO Audits
- Web Buzz Monitoring and Social Engagement Monitoring.
This tool has a 7-day free trial and costs $7.99 a month or it can be billed at $80 once per year.
04. All-in-One & Auto SEO
All-in-One SEO enables SEO audit and reporting to help find SEO issues and fix them. Optimize images with SEO-friendly ALT tags to increase traffic from Google image search.
Other key features:
- Scan and identify broken links
- Monitor Page Health with keyword and rank tracking
- Google Page Speed and Mobile-friendliness Checker
- Dynamically generated structured data helps search engines to understand your store, products, pages, articles, etc.
This tool has a 7-day free trial for the premium plan that costs $8.99 a month.
05. AMP by Shop Sheriff
AMP by Shop Sheriff allows users to create AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) for a store in order to get the benefits of speed as a ranking factor. Easily optimize URLs for SEO and create AMP-versions for all essential pages.
This tool has a 7-day free trial for the premium plan that costs $7.99 a month for full access to all feature:
- Create/Customize AMP for Products, Collections, Articles, Blogs
- Google AMP & Good SEO Rankings in one click
- SEO friendly URL
Linkcious automatically creates related, relevant links. It uses artificial intelligence (AI) to create inbound and outbound product URLs related to page context. The powerful recommendation engine shows products from stores on related sites or blogs.
Every product undergoes A/B testing so only the most relevant ones are shown. It works on all sites, such as WordPress, Drupal or Joomla.
It has a 7-day free trial and costs $9 a month.
07. SEO Expert PRO
SEO Expert PRO is an all-in-one SEO tool that acts like a personal SEO manager. For example, users can find on-page SEO issues and fix them inside the app. They can easily update all the alt tags on images with one click.
It helps stores to get organic traffic from Google Image Search and sends data to Google in structured format to drive higher SEO rankings.
Other key features:
- Daily error reports
- Mobile-friendliness and Page Speed Tester
- Site SEO Scanner
This tool has a 3-day free trial and costs $9.99 a month.
III. Shopify SEO Tools That Cost Between $10 and $20 A Month
01. Ultra SEO
Ultra SEO is simple, powerful and can increase traffic to a shop. It is easy to install and gives users control over every meta tag. These meta tags are extremely important because Google uses them to display titles and descriptions.
With Ultra SEO, there is no need to use bland generic meta tags and users don’t have to edit tags from within the Shopify admin panel. They can edit them as often as they like to optimize them and include keywords.
The tool has a 7-day free trial and costs $10 a month.
02. SEO Product Optimizer
SEO Product Optimizer helps those who are not sure which keywords to target. It offers keyword suggestions, ideas on where to place them and tracks their performance. It helps users to optimize product pages so that they get more shares on social media.
It is possible to customize link previews on Facebook and Twitter as well as stand out with niche keyword suggestions.
Go for the free plan or opt for a 14-day free trial of the paid version which costs $15.99 a month.
03. SEO Doctor
SEO Doctor scans a store for SEO issues and gives a diagnostic report showing how to fix them. For example, images may be affecting the speed of a store and it is possible to automatically compress them. Put SEO on ‘autopilot’ to deal with on-page SEO issues, image alt-text problems and 404 errors.
Automatically find and fix broken links and optimize titles, descriptions etc. for better rankings. Add JSON-LD to a store to increase SEO rankings.
There is a free plan and a free 5-day trial for a paid plan that costs $18.99 a month.
IV. Shopify SEO Tools That Cost between $20 and $30/month
01. Plugin SEO
Plugin SEO is a popular app used by more than 86,000 store owners. It helps users to find problems and fix them. For example, there is a broken link checker and fix directions. It gives users a solid foundation for SEO with clear instructions and explanations. It helps to improve page speed and constantly monitors page titles, headings, meta descriptions, content structure, and more.
Users are able to set target focus keywords on product pages. For those just launching their stores and wanting to try out SEO, this could be the right tool.
Other key features:
- Bulk SEO edit
- Optimization for Multilingual - Non-English Language SEO
- Google Search Console (Webmaster Tools) integration
- Blog Post Optimizer
There is a 7-day free trial for the paid plan of $20 a month.
02. SEO Booster
SEO Booster helps to auto-optimize SEO to make a site more visible to potential customers. Even beginners will find it easy to use. Gain insights about an SEO score and page rank from reliable sources.
The app updates ALT texts for new images daily and redirects invalid links. Update trending keywords from selected geographic areas to drive more traffic to a store. SEO Booster will alert users to duplicate content and help remove it.
There is a free plan and a 7-day free trial for the paid plan which costs $24.99 a month.
03. SEO Image Optimizer
SEO Image Optimizer offers a quick way to optimize store images. It is probably one of the most well-known image optimizer apps. It requires one click to install it and then it runs on its own to constantly monitor SEO and increase traffic from Google image search.
Many store owners struggle with images and it is as important to optimize them as page text. The free plan checks new images once a week and the paid plan for complete SEO optimization costs $24.99 a month.
04. PWA Pro with Caching
PWA Pro allows users to cache resources such as images and CSS. This means that visitors do not have to download these files on every page view. The page load speed decreases and users have a better experience.
Customers are able to browse a store from a mobile phone by displaying an install button on a browser.
This tool has a free plan and a free 14-day trial for the paid plan which costs $29 a month.
05. Video Traffic
Video Traffic increases traffic to a store with auto-generated videos of products. Product videos are automatically created and posted to a YouTube channel. Users can share these videos to social media accounts to increase traffic and SEO-optimized videos increase exposure of a store from organic search engine inquiries.
This tool is fully automated, the videos are high quality and it is possible to customize them and add watermarks. The app has a 3-day free trial and costs $29 a month.
V. Shopify SEO Tools with a One-Time Price
01. Rich Snippets for SEO
Rich Snippets is highly valuable to product pages as it helps structured data markup. This enables search engines to get valuable information to integrate into search results.
Rich snippets provide one of the best ways to stand out because instead of bland results, users can get to see product prices, availability, reviews etc. that make them click through.
Automatic updates allow store owners to stay ahead of the game. There is a one-time price of $69 and all updates are free.
02. JSON-LD for SEO
JSON-LD for SEO is another tool that automatically adds required JSON-LD data to store products in order to display rich snippets.
This tool is trusted by thousands of stores and is continually updated, maintained and tested. Install it and it will add the code required to all the pages in a store to get the specific structured data. It comes at a one-time price of $299 and tool updates are free.
A final word
In order to get the most value out of a Shopify store, it is essential to drive traffic and offer value to customers. Using some of the tools mentioned above will help to simplify and automate SEO. This will give the search engines what they need and help organic traffic to flow to a store.
Leon Collier is a UK-based content writing expert working the best essay writing service where his work is centered around thesis, lab reports, college essays and dissertations. His work has been highly praised by the academicians and students on essay writing service reviews.