Most of the businesses out there start with a simple website containing information about the work/ service/ products they are trying to sell/ promote.
Nowadays, the formation & development of a business website is much less complicated than the past since we have numerous support tools and equipment specialized in web designing.
- The appearance of modern web design toolkits
- What is known as “Webflow”
- Webflow’s features
- The pros & cons of Webflow compared with other website development tools
- Webflow Plans & Pricing
- 5 different General site plans (general package)
- Starter (Free)
- Basic ($14 monthly)
- CMS ($23 monthly)
- Business ($39 monthly)
- Enterprise (Price deal later on)
- 3 different Ecommerce site plans (eCommerce package)
- Comparison of Webflow price with other competitors
- What to bear in mind about Webflow price & plans?
- In short
- Webflow - FAQs Area
The appearance of modern web design toolkits
In fact, there are a variety of toolkits and platforms that allow users with no IT-based knowledge or coding skills to easily establish and manage their own business websites.
Aside from traditional but famous choices like Wix or Wordpress, Webflow rises as the next generation all-in-one web design solution utilized for building either simple or professional websites. Many users consider Webflow as the perfect combination between Wix and Wordpress.
In this particular blog, we are going to explore in detail why Webflow is everything we need to have a professional business website, along with insight information about Webflow price & plans.
What is known as “Webflow”
Basically, Webflow is an online toolkit/ platform established with the main purposes of helping users to form up professional websites.
With the support from the tools provided on Webflow, users will be able to create and administer their own websites with ease and without any knowledge of coding. There are different types of website templates on Webflow that users can choose to match with their own business styles & models.
With the support of Webflow, users can develop their customized, interactive websites, and especially integrate features like chatbot/ chat boxes, contact forms, orders, etc.
Webflow has a graphical drag-and-drop utility that allows users to easily construct intuitive interfaces and change web page elements.
Webflow also includes capabilities like hosting and content management to make it easier for clients to manage and publish content on their websites.
Currently, Webflow is developed with a series of features that satisfy the demand of different customers’ segments. Below are the key features that this platform offers:
- Intuitive Interface - Webflow's intuitive interface makes designing and building websites a breeze, even for beginners. Its drag-and-drop functionality allows users to create complex layouts with ease.
- Design Flexibility - Webflow's design flexibility allows users to customize every aspect of their website, from typography and color to layout and animation.
- Responsive Design - All websites created with Webflow are responsive, meaning they will automatically adjust to fit any screen size, whether it's a desktop, tablet, or smartphone.
- Hosting - Webflow offers reliable and secure hosting for all websites created on its platform, eliminating the need for third-party hosting services.
- E-commerce - Webflow's e-commerce features make it easy for businesses to sell products online, with built-in payment processing and inventory management tools.
- SEO - Webflow's built-in SEO tools ensure that websites created on the platform are optimized for search engines, improving their visibility and ranking in search results.
The pros & cons of Webflow compared with other website development tools
Now we know what Webflow has to offer, then let’s find out about the pros & cons of using Webflow compared with other similar web-design tools in the market. Following the list below for details of the analysis:
- Offer a wide range of customized, unique, modern design themes, allowing customers to freely design websites based on their favorite styles & usage purposes.
- Smooth user interface makes it simple for users to construct, manage & customize the website. The flexible control panel is a bonus point.
- Once the website is formed up completely, Webflow will generate clean code & export the web smoothly.
- Options to work with the existing frame or start from scratch with a brand new web design.
- The ability to create any form of content (either static or dynamic) like blogs, lectures, research papers, reviews, etc. thanks to the strong CMS integration with content builder.
- Relatively difficult for newbies who have never experienced building a brand new website from the beginning.
- Time-consuming with the full understanding of the pricing structures combined with separate plans for providing sites/ accounts.
- The interface is not totally compatible with several web browsers like Edge and Firefox.
- For online stores, the capacity to be elaborate, thorough, and cautious is significantly required.
Currently, Webflow’s pricing plans are divided into 2 major categories: Site map & Account plan. We will examine further with the Site map on this analysis. Customers can consider between general site plans and ecommerce site plans as these are the two main Site map design services that Webflow supplies.
Read more to get to know clearly about these 2 options.
5 different General site plans (general package)
At the moment of speaking, Webflow is offering 5 different types of site plans (general package) for new clients, each with a specific price set. Those plans include Starter, Basic, CMS, Business, and Enterprise, respectively. The choice of which site plan to register relies solely on users’ demands & purposes.
Let’s take a deeper look and see the detailed services that each site plan offers, and the client’s segments that each plan matches with. We will start from the lowest-budget site plans (general package) to the highest-priced ones.
Similar to many other web-design platforms, Webflow offers a free usage plan (known as “Starter plan”) for any customer who would like to examine the services before making the purchases decisions.
The Starter plan enables users to form up to 2 projects at the same time, along with the access to some key services, including CMS, basic SEO functions, full interactions, and limited site features.
Nevertheless, since it is a free plan, users are unable to connect to their own domain (only be published to webflow.io and hosted by a subdomain of Webflow).
Overall, the Starter plan is suitable for users who first heard of Webflow and want to experience the display/ functions of the platform before making the purchase decision.
Webflow offers a free plan that allows users to create up to two projects. The free plan includes access to the CMS (content management system), basic SEO features, and limited integrations.
However, the free plan does not allow users to connect their own domain, and sites created on this plan will be hosted on a subdomain of Webflow. Additionally, users on the free plan cannot export their website's code.
Basic ($14 monthly)
As the upgraded version of the free plan, the Basic plan includes more services to users like customer your own domain, customer code, up to 100 static pages & 50GB bandwidth, along with site/ page password protection.
While the list of services are still quite limited compared with other site plans, the Basic plan is designed for individuals and small businesses that require the minimum design options for their businesses.
With the price of $14 monthly when you pay the bill annually, it is considered a fairly good option to create the 1st professional website for individuals.
CMS ($23 monthly)
The CMS plan is specifically established for the businesses & organizations containing high-quality CMS (content management system) for their website. This plan contains all of the features of the Basic plan, plus the full site features, full SEO functions, etc.
Regarding the CMS, the plan allows owners to have up to 2000 CMS items, 20 CMS collections, API access, Content scheduled publishing & Dynamic embeds, etc.
This particular plan has almost unlocked all of the services that Webflow can offer to a client, with the price of $23/ mo (billed yearly) or $29/ mo if you pay each month.
So far, this is the most popular choice of Webflow’s clients due to all of the benefits mentioned above, and it is advised for content-driven sites.
Business ($39 monthly)
The Business plan shares most of the features that the CMS plan offers, but some key functions are upgraded with larger volume/ quantities. The CMS is upgraded with upto 10000 CMS items, 40 CMS collections, 60 Fields per Collections.
Meanwhile, there are some new features only available from the Business plan above like the Form file upload option, Global traffic CDN, 400GB bandwidth.
The price of this plan is relatively higher than the CMS plan as you will need to pay $39 per month for registration. Overall, the Business plan matches with the requirements of larger businesses & organizations, which demand more advanced features & capabilities.
Enterprise (Price deal later on)
Last but not least, the Enterprise plan is the ultimate option as it is advertised as offering enterprise-level security, compliance, and scalability to your website. The security level of this plan is provided at full scale, along with full right for admin access and customer traffic options.
As this is the biggest site plan of Webflow, there is not a fixed cost for service registration like the other previous plans. Users need to contact Webflow’s sales team to come to an agreement of the final customized plan and pricing if they order the Enterprise option.
In short, the Enterprise plan is the best alternative for large organizations and agencies as this is the plan with the full service options that Webflow can offer through their platform.
To conclude, Webflow offers a range of price choices to accommodate a wide range of objectives and budgets, ranging from a Starter plan to an Enterprise plan. Each plan has its own set of features and limitations, so it is vital to choose the Webflow plans that best match your needs for website building.
3 different Ecommerce site plans (eCommerce package)
Beside the general site plans designed for customers who have experienced Webflow for the first time, the brand also offers site plans (eCommerce package) specifically designed for online retailers.
If you are planning to open an online business on your own or at any eCommerce platform, Webflow offers 3 main types of eCommerce plans (with different Webflow ecommerce pricing). Consider the billed yearly option since it can help you reduce up to 30% the fee charged for each plan.
Starting with the Standard plan, customers can receive the basic eCommerce features, including all of the CMS plan features (listed above), up to 500 eCommerce items, nearly 2000 CMS items, full payment functions with 2% transaction fee, as well as full marketing & management features.
However, since this is the basic plan, it will not include the advanced eCommerce features like customer accounts, unbranded emails or inventory tracking. With the cost of $29 per month (when you pay the bill annually), the Standard plan is the perfect choice for a new online eCommerce business to kick off/ start from scratch.
With the cost of twice as much as the Standard plan (around $74/ mo for billed yearly), the Plus plan is best fit with online retailers/ merchants having high volume businesses.
This Plus plan consists of all Business plan features, with 5000 eCommerce items, 10000 CMS items, and especially the 0% transaction fee.
Moreover, the number of staff accounts allowed in the Plus plan is 10 (much higher compared with just 3 accounts of the Standard plan). Choose the Plus plan if you are handling a high volume eCommerce business.
This is the site plan with the highest Webflow ecommerce pricing as you will need to pay up to $212 per month for this plan’s registration. The Advanced plan includes all the features of the Plus plan, as well as additional customization options and priority support.
With nearly 15000 eCommerce items allowed, your website’s list of items (inventory) will be stocked with full capacity. Consider the Advanced plan if you are demanding larger eCommerce businesses with complex needs & requirements.
Overall, all of these Webflow plans have their own advantages and provide necessary tools to build, manage, control your online businesses. Make a wise choice so that you can maximize the utility at best while paying the least for your option.
Comparison of Webflow price with other competitors
After presenting the key Webflow plans & pricing, let’s take a quick look at other competitors of Webflow in the market, and make a short comparison to see if choosing Webflow is a smart choice or not.
- Wix: Before the appearance of Webflow, Wix was dominant in the field of web designing service. Similar to Webflow, Wix offers clients with several options, including a free plan and a premium plan starting at $14 per month (same price as Webflow). The price range of Wix’s premium plans starts from $14 to $39 monthly, quite close to the price set of Webflow plans.
- Wordpress: The price range of premium plans of Wordpress is more diverse as customers only have to charge $4 per month for the lowest-budget plan, and $45 for the highest-budget option. The free plan of Wordpress is relatively good for newbies who would like to get to know the platform first before making the later decisions.
- Shopify: Shopify focuses mainly on eCommerce platforms and online merchants, with a range of pricing plans starting at $29 monthly. Since it is among the most reputable eCommerce platforms for online businesses, the price set that this brand charges clients is relatively higher than other competitors, ranging from $29 to $299/ mo. However, you can rest assured that with the high fee you pay, the services you receive are always at the best quality.
- Weebly: Customers can either choose a free plan for trial first or register the basic plan at the cost of $6 per month. The other Weebly’s plans will cost you around $6 to $26 maximum. This is the lowest price range of web design services that we explore so far.
When comparing Webflow's cost to that of its rivals, keep in mind the unique features and capabilities provided by each platform, as well as the demands of your website or business.
Also, bear in mind that pricing may vary based on factors like the size of your website, the amount of traffic it receives, and any additional features or integrations you may require.
What to bear in mind about Webflow price & plans?
Webflow price for each plan is set up to match with customers’ needs & budgets. Based on the demand of business implementation, users can select appropriate plans that result in the best-quality website for their operations.
As the demands or needs of users evolve beyond the services of the current package, they can easily upgrade to a higher-priced plan with much more functions, features & capabilities.
Users can start a small business from scratch with a basic plan first, then expand their business presence using the better Webflow plan without having to change to another platform.
Furthermore, as per the price comparison above, we can notice that Webflow price is quite competitive and reasonable for both newbies and professionals. While several Webflow plans can be a bit more expensive than those of the competitors, the features that Webflow delivers outplay their rivals.
Because of its drag-and-drop interface, robust CMS, and eCommerce capability, Webflow gains its popularity among web designers and developers.
Last but not least, Webflow price is updated frequently, easy-to-understand, and totally transparent. Users will NOT be charged with any kind of hidden fees, or forced to sign up long-term contracts with no termination terms. The budget control is very convenient for all Webflow users.
To summarize, Webflow is an amazing online design and development tool for anyone wishing to quickly and simply construct a professional-looking website.
Its user-friendly interface, design flexibility, and robust functionality make it an excellent choice for enterprises and organizations of all sizes.
You can utilize Webflow to develop a website that is distinctive, functional, and search engine optimized, resulting in a better user experience for your visitors and helping your business flourish, standing out of the crowd.
Webflow - FAQs Area
How much does Webflow cost?
Website plans with Webflow starting at $14 per month (Basic plan). The site package enables you to create and publish a website on your own domain, but it does not contain e-commerce.
You will need an eCommerce package if you want to create an online store. E-commerce plans from Webflow start at $29 per month. Webflow also provides free account plans to get started, but if you want all of the capabilities, it costs $16 per month.
If a client wants to experience Webflow first before purchasing a plan, feel free to utilize a free trial with limited features.
What is the difference between Webflow's site plan and account plan (workspace)?
The site plan (site map) allows users to connect their website to a domain and publish it online. The account plan (workspace) enables users to host, manage, build their website and invite other people to collaborate with your process at Webflow. Every site built in Webflow is a part of Workspace.
Can users cancel their site plans any time they want?
The answer is Yes. However, users are required to pay the remainder of the term for the plan that they’ve registered.
Is Webflow a good choice for newbies?
Webflow is a website builder designed to make it simple for anybody to create a website. It is a simple website builder that nearly anybody can use. That being said, it is not just a simple website builder, but it also has many complex features that may assist you in creating any form of website you like.
How to contact Webflow for assistance?
Feel free to send us support through email. We try our best to respond to all requests within 48 hours. Remember that users with paid Workspaces registration get the priority support from our customer support team.