Online shopping had a further boost in past months due to the pandemic. The growth of the eCommerce market has been higher than expected. According to Statista, in 2019, retail e-commerce sales worldwide amounted to 3.53 trillion US dollars and e-retail revenues are projected to grow to 6.54 trillion US dollars in 2022.
As a result, competition is also increased. Motivating and convincing customers is becoming a very difficult business. Customers increasingly feel the need for uniqueness. That’s why they are looking for unique products. The question is: how to satisfy this desire for exclusivity? The answer is product customization.
- How Product Customization Increases Sales
- What Is Product Customization
- Difference Between Customization and Personalization
- Key Elements in Product Customization
- Sell Customizable Products with PageFly and Zakeke
I. How Product Customization Increases Sales?
Meeting the needs and wishes of customers means winning. But just offering the ability to customize a product is not enough. We must offer quality customization which means quality images, extreme flexibility, ease of use, an excellent user experience, clear and visible price applied, and much more. To do all this, the most immediate solution is to find an effective tool that offers all these possibilities.
II. What is Product Customization?
Put simply, product customization is the process where a buyer can customize a product according to their needs and taste. It can be anything: adding a logo or phrase on a mug or T-Shirts, creating a phone cover with your favorite holiday photo, your favorite picture printed on a face mask. This is the simplest customization. It could also be much more complex than that.
Indeed, product customization also involves the redesign of the parts of a product, that is the combination of different parts chosen by the customer. Think of a chair on which the customer can decide to have armrests or not, to have a leather or fabric sofa, and so on.
Product customization is highly appreciated by customers that - in so doing - can satisfy their desire for uniqueness. A study by Deloitte shows that an average of 36% of consumers have expressed a deep interest in purchasing personalized products or services
In addition, one in five were willing to pay premium prices and nearly half (48%) didn’t mind waiting longer for personalized goods than they normally would for online purchases.
A true personal product customization can only increase sales. With the help of solid product customization software, you can grab the attention of even the most demanding consumers. Many customers are fussy about the smallest details and love being able to change them.
III. Difference Between Customization and Personalization
Although these two are often used interchangeably, they are different from one another. The key difference involves who is making the changes. Personalization is a strategy used by businesses to make the customer experience more efficient and unique.
Customization, on the other hand, is the modification of a product or service by the consumer themselves. Although these are two important distinctions, the goal of both customization and personalization remain the same: to improve the customer experience.
IV. Key elements in Product Customization
As we said, there are various elements that contribute to creating a successful product personalization. The three most important elements are:
- Image quality: this is true for any eCommerce. Image quality is important. The reason is obvious. While shopping online, customers cannot touch products. So, photos become the most important point of reference for an online shopper. The more appropriate, clear, and high-resolution the image is, the more it will inspire confidence.
- Flexibility: it is essential to have a flexible tool that allows you to quickly adapt to rapid market changes. The user is attracted by the desire to give the product the look he wants. He may not be using all the customization options available but will be thrilled at the thought that he can.
- Realistic product representation: distrust is a recurring feeling in online shopping, even more so when it comes to personalization. Therefore, it is important to show exactly what the product will look like, in every detail, and let customers interact with it. In this case, augmented reality and 3D models come in handy.
Using 3D models, customers can explore and interact with the products as they wish. They can play with the product, zoom out, zoom in, rotate, and view it from all angles. The full view will have a positive impact on their purchasing decisions because customers will have a greater understanding of the attributes, characteristics, and functions of that product.
On the other hand, Augmented Reality offers added value to customers and enhances customer trust. A product customizer with AR functions lets customers see the customized products in their real world and interact with enhancing customer retention.
V. Sell Customizable Products with PageFly and Zakeke
The integration of a product customization tool can be simple or complicated if you don't choose the right tool. Making a mistake means a waste of money and time.
But don't be scared. There is the solution.
You can easily and quickly start selling customizable products on your store built with PageFly thanks to the perfect integration with Zakeke.
- How To Scale Up Your Sticker Business And Sell Stickers Online Like A Pro
- How To Sell Services On Shopify: 5 Steps To Building A Store
What is Zakeke?
Zakeke is an innovative cloud platform for product customization and 3D configuration with AR and 3D features. It supports Shopify, Magento, Prestashop, SalesForce Commerce Cloud, OpenCart, NetSuite SC/SCA, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Etsy. It is possible to integrate Zakeke via API as well.
You can make customizable any product you are selling (clothing, promotional gifts, paper products, shoes, jewelry, watches, sofa, etc..) and let your customers visualize how they’ll actually look before checking out.
Zakeke makes product customization easy: from the simplest one to the most complex 3D product configuration. It supports Augmented Reality as well.
What your customers can do with Zakeke
- Text & Image customization: customers can change font, colors, dimensions, orientation, rotation and make text curved. They can upload their own images or choose among pre-selected artwork created by you.
- Augmented Reality & 3D view: customers can see the personalized item in their own space in real size via Augmented Reality and see a live and realistic 3D model of the product that they can zoom in on, rotate and interact with.
- 3D Configuration: customers can build their own versions of your products, choosing components, changing elements, materials and customizing colors.Request for quote: customers with specific needs can send you a request for a quote containing all the necessary information.Much more: you can let customers do whatever you want.
What you can do with Zakeke
- Product variations: You can set multiple colors, sizes and styles of the same product.
- Pre-made design: you can create templates of editable areas of your product instead of letting customers personalize it from scratch. You can define rules and restrictions for each design. You can customize all sides and angles of your product and choose among simple print or all-over print.
- Live pricing: you can show your customers the exact price of the product they are going to buy based on the personalization type they use.
- Unlimited printing areas: you can customize all sides and angles of your product and choose among simple print or all-over print.
- Flexible printing methods: you can set unlimited printing methods for one or more products, sides and variants. You can define settings for your print-ready files that can be used for engraving, embroidery and personalization methods other than printing.
- Workflow Automation: you can save time and automate your work thanks to the integration with your favorite services, like Printful, CustomCut, Invition, Zapier, Order Desk and WebHooks.
- Match your brand: you can easily match Zakeke to your store design with no need to fiddle with CSS and liquid files.
For more information on Zakeke Product Customizer & 3D Product Configurator, visit Zakeke website.