Dropshipping is one of the best things you can do to make money in eCommerce, especially if you are a beginner with little to no capital. But it is not simply choosing the best-selling products and succeeding. Like running any business, you need to take care of a mountain of work.
But thanks to the vast amount of dropshippers, eCommerce platforms and developers have come up with wonderful dropshipping apps to facilitate your online store. They are a great way to kickstart and maintain your eCommerce business.
This article aims to give you a comprehensive list of the 09 best Shopify dropshipping apps to help your business excel. We will make sure to be as inclusive as possible, covering all grounds from product sourcing to marketing and website building.
And since this is mostly reserved for beginner dropshippers, let’s go over a few things first, shall we?
- What Is Dropshipping And How To Start An Online Dropshipping Business?
- What Dropshipping Products To Sell?
- 09 Best Dropshipping Apps For Your Ecommerce Business
- DSers - AliExpress Dropshipping
- EPROLO - Dropshipping & Branding
- Ali Reviews
- PageFly Landing Page Builder
I. What Is Dropshipping And How To Start An Online Dropshipping Business?
01. What is dropshipping?
To put it simply, dropshipping is an order fulfillment method where you don’t need to keep products in stock. All you have to do is place an order with a wholesaler, and ship it straight to the customer.
In other words, a dropshipper is essentially a middleman.
02. So how to start an online dropshipping business?
While there are a handful of eCommerce platforms out there, we recommend every beginner dropshipper to start their eCommerce website with Shopify. It is a fully-hosted, cloud-based eCommerce platform suitable for all businesses. It offers a subscription service with many plans to choose from.
And all you have to do to start dropshipping on Shopify is easy. It takes only 5 simple steps:
- Step 1: Sign up for the 14-day FREE trial. After that, you can access Shopify’s marketplace.
- Step 2: Find the products you want to sell. In this article, you can find product suggestions and how to source items to feature on your Shopify store.
- Step 3: Customize your store. Start with the theme, there is a wide range of free and paid themes on the Shopify App Store for you to choose from.
- Step 4: Choose your preferred shipping option.
- Step 5: Enable payments to your store.
Of course, you need to do a lot more to get your business up and running smoothly. Check out our more thorough guide on how to start a dropshipping business with Shopify here.
Sell Online With Shopify
Trusted by over 2,000,000 businesses worldwide
II. What Dropshipping Products To Sell?
Finding out the perfect items to feature on your product page is the backbone of your online business.
You will need to first carry out market research to figure out the right niche to dive into and spy on other online stores. We have composed a comprehensive list of top products to feature on your Shopify store for you, feel free to check it out! In that article, you can expect to find up to 20 product niches, each containing a wide variety of separate items.
Next, you need to pinpoint the suitable supplier in order to source your products.
There are many global marketplaces that online store owners worldwide love and choose. Product sourcing tools are abundant, some of which are available as dropshipping apps on the Shopify App Store.
III. 09 Best Dropshipping Apps For Your Ecommerce Business
When you have successfully brought your dropshipping store to life, it is time to keep it running and converting. To run a traditional business, you need employees and various resources. When dropshipping, especially in the early phase, you will most likely be a lone wolf. And that is why you need dropshipping apps.
Dropshipping apps are basically employees that don’t require sleep and vacation. They are tools to ensure a smooth business operation. With an armada of proper dropshipping apps, you can:
- Easily segment the market
- Effortlessly spy on competing online stores
- Find and source products globally
- Automate every aspect of your dropshipping business and have free time for yourself
- Effectively promote your brand and attract customers
So without further ado, we present the 09 best Shopify dropshipping apps for your online store.
01. DSers - AliExpress Dropshipping
DSers - AliExpress Dropshipping is one of the top-rated apps on the Shopify App Store, with a 5/5 rating from over 6000 users. Thanks to its integration with AliExpress, you can access the 2.5 billion product listings available on this incredibly popular eCommerce platform.
DSers lets you bulk import products directly from AliExpress while also giving you exclusive access to special suppliers for cheaper prices and higher quality. If you use this dropshipping app, you can place bulk orders from AliExpress in just a minute and get automatic tracking information, too.
However, dropshipping from AliExpress comes with a caveat: their shipping time is notoriously slow since its vendors are mostly located in China and there’s no centralized warehouse.
That said, let’s review what makes DSers such a great alternative:
- The whitelist gives you exclusive access to special AliExpress suppliers
- You can place hundreds of orders with one click
- Import products with just a few clicks
- You can easily create bundles and deals
CJDropshipping can be thought of as the combination of AliExpress and Oberlo. It is a one-stop service platform covering all dropshipping operations including warehouse service, media, POD, COD, affiliate, and API support.
While CJ only features a bit more than 200,000 product listings, which is a tiny number when you compare it to 2.5 billion on AliExpress. This is because all products are posted and maintained by the CJ team, so while the quantity is low, you can rest assured all of them are quality products.
That said, CJ allows users to post sourcing requests once they find winning products elsewhere to cover the weakness of product listing. What’s more, CJ is launching a supplier plan, meaning suppliers are about to flood the app with many more products.
And did you know that many online store owners started out with AliExpress only to switch to CJ when their dropshipping business grew? Here are the reasons why:
- Products on CJ are usually cheaper than on AliExpress for they are sourced directly from manufacturers.
- CJ has a wide network of warehouses in China, the US, Thailand, Germany, and Indonesia; they will soon open more in the UK and France. This makes order processing and shipping significantly faster.
- Services require no MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity), and CJ can combine multiple products into one customizable parcel for the best customer experience.
Here we have another dropshipping platform that can offer customers lightning-fast delivery. Spocket sources best-sellers from wholesalers in the US, the UK, and the EU as well; you might also come across a few vendors from New Zealand and Australia. You can also get Spocket’s Chrome extension, AliScraper to dropship from AliExpress!
While Spocket brings you top-notch goods from the West side of the globe, all of them have a 30% - 60% discount off the retail price. Thus, if you choose Spocket, you can stand out in your niche market as the brand with the best prices, or earn an extra margin. What’s more, there is no minimum order limit.
Let’s look over what makes Spocket one of the top-rated dropshipping apps, shall we?
- Lightning-fast delivery with an average waiting time of 3 to 5 days
- Big discounts from 30% - 60% off of the retail price, giving you the opportunity to get a 30% - 60% profit margin compared to the average of 15% - 45%
- Branded invoices to help polish your brand image
- Integration with AliExpress allows you to have a more diverse item selection
- You can fulfill orders with one click, without a minimum limit
04. EPROLO-Dropshipping & Branding
EPROLO has received an average 4.7/5 rating from over 1200 customers and is one of the most popular dropshipping apps on the Shopify App Store.
The brand utilizes the same strategy as CJDropshipping - storing inventory at their warehouse. This means that you can freely customize packaging for better branding. Specifically, you can ask them to print your own logo on the shipping label, invoice, and even scotch tape. They surely know how to one-up Spocket!
Furthermore, they also offer stable and fast shipping. EPROLO Express to the US and the UK will only take 5 - 8 days, while Europe Express will take at most 12 days!
Other than that, EPROLO checks all the boxes of a good dropshipping app!
- Unified supply management
- Auto orders fulfillment
- Automatic order tracking
- One click to import products
- Quality control - each product is double-checked before it is shipped to your customer
EPROLO is an incredibly valid option for anyone, because, hear this, it is entirely FREE to install!
Syncee’s USP (unique selling point) is that they source products exclusively from the US, Canada, the EU, the UK, and Australia. There are more than 4 million profitable items from pre-vetted suppliers for you to choose from.
And if you happen to be a tech-savvy online store owner, you have come to the right place. Syncee allows you to upload and update data automatically with a Datafeed file in all major formats, and via a wide variety of channels.
What else makes Syncee such a good choice?
- Fast shipping from global and local suppliers
- Automation everywhere
- AI-based product search engine
- Built-in direct retailer-supplier chat
Let’s spice things up a bit by focusing on a different kind of dropshipping - POD (Print on Demand). In case you are completely new to dropshipping, a POD service is one where the business only prints copies of custom products when a customer places an order. The only thing in the inventory is raw materials.
Printful was once a POD store on Shopify, but they soon realized the demand for dropshipping pros and the lack of quality products, as well as fulfillment services. And now they offer to take care of your POD business for you.
All you need to do to use Printful is select your product of choice and upload your designs. Printful will handle the printing and delivery once a customer makes a purchase.
So what makes POD dropshipping apps like Printful so amazing?
- The printing and shipping are all handled for you.
- A diverse library of products. You don’t need to limit yourself to T-shirts but can go wild with phone cases, stickers, canvas, posters, mugs, and so on.
- Printful is based in the US, specifically in California and North Carolina, so shipping in the US will be fast.
- No subscription fee, you only need to pay when you place an order.
This POD dropshipping app will go head to head with Printful, so if you run this kind of dropshipping business, decide to give them both a try.
Just like Printful, Printify offers a wide range of customizable products, specifically over 600! Your creativity is never boxed in.
What sets Printify apart is that it offers an extensive network of 65 print providers over 90 locations. This means faster global shipping, better prices, and more creative options for merchants.
08. Ali Reviews
Should you decide to start out your dropshipping journey with AliExpress, you will need Ali Reviews to increase social proof for your online store.
Ali Reviews makes it super easy for you to bulk import authentic product reviews from real customers on Ali Express (now integrated). All it takes is one click, and you can of course filter those reviews to display only the most relevant.
One more thing, this dropshipping app allows you to set up emails with auto-sent review requests to customers. This encourages them to leave a review and increases your chances of getting positive reviews from valued customers.
What makes it so special?
- Free branded emails. All review requests are Whitelabel, meaning there is no trace of any brand other than yours in the email.
- It works with any theme and is mobile-friendly.
- It provides inline SEO that displays reviews and ratings on search results.
- Available in 15 languages.
- 24/7 customer support.
09. PageFly Landing Page Builder
You could say we are biased for including our own dropshipping app in this list, but we cannot deny we are really proud of the work we have done. The PageFly team has been a Shopify partner since 2016 and now serves over 120,000+ Shopify merchants, and we got a 5/5 rating from over 6000 satisfied users on the Shopify App Store.
Even though our dropshipping app is named “Landing page builder”, it was made to design your entire Shopify store. After years of development, our app has become versatile and compatible with just about any other Shopify app, all while omitting unnecessary elements that might slow your site down.
The site editor is simple and intuitive. All you need to do is drag and drop our diverse elements to create the best online storefront. Our design philosophy is based on the consumer’s behavior, and thus we have included the likes of animations, slideshows, countdown timers, Compare At Price, Low-in-stock statuses, and so on.
And of course, our customer support theme works 24/7 to help you at every step of the way!
Design Your Own Shopify Store With No Limit
Fully Customizable. 100+ Templates and 50+ elements
Completely Free/ No Trial. Optimized for Fast Speed.
Although our list might be limited in quantity, we are sure we have made up for it with quality. The listed dropshipping apps are all high-quality products trusted by millions of dropshippers. These candidates have stood the test of time, and will surely stay at the top for longer.
We hope you have found this article helpful. Best of luck to aspiring eCommerce business owners, we hope your stores become successful!