If you are considering starting a dropshipping business or have previously done so, you should know that the most crucial element of success is the product you choose. It’s the guiding beacon that leads buyers to your store and make a purchase later. Without a doubt, you can properly set up your store, have a lovely design, and occasionally even have a decent selling rate. However, if you can't execute effective dropshipping product research, the rest won't hold any water. Or even worse, it may cost you your whole business.
So this post is for you if you want to search for the best items to sell on your online store.
Let’s get into it!
- I. How To Do Dropshipping Product Research?
- II. Why You Need to Use Dropshipping Product Research Tools
- III. Top 15 Dropshipping Product Research Tools
I. How To Do Product Research?
First and foremost, while there are numerous ways to research products, this article will focus on the two fundamental principles of product sourcing: beginning with demand and then finding supply.
Demand-to-Supply is the trending product research method nowadays. This approach requires the products that are currently popular or frequently talked about online. Furthermore, they are usually searched in search engines like Google or Bing, as well as social media.
Choosing the right products can take some time and requires effort. The big part of this process entails conducting product research using the necessary tools and identifying in-demand products that are lucrative enough to begin with. The next step is getting those products into your shop and running trials. And you’ll know that you are moving along the right path.
To learn more about Product Research, check out this detailed tutorial:
II. Why You Need to Use Product Research Tools
You can definitely conduct your own product research, but it will take a very long time, especially in the beginning. Thanks to technological advancements, it’s fantastic that now we can employ a variety of useful product research tools to get closer to our goal faster.
It’s simply understood that a product research tool is designed to find the best winning products and provide you with the information you need to decide whether or not to sell them. The following are some of the most common features of a Product Research tool:
- Using the terms you entered, search for products on other websites.
- Show current prices on different eCommerce platforms and supplier websites.
- Show market-favorite products based on order rate.
- Profits, engagements, Facebook ads, video, targeting, and even competition are all included in the data.
- It can easily import products because it is integrated with your store’s eCommerce platform.
The only issue is deciding which market research tool to use?
III. Top 15+ Product Research Tools For eCommerce Merchants
01. Sell the trend
Sell The Trend is a product research tool that helps you with finding winning products for your store with data sources from AliExpress, Amazon, and a ton of Shopify stores.
On the left, you will see a menu listing its powerful product research elements that are part of the NEXUS explorer.
Key Feature and Pros
- 1-click order fulfillment.
- A wide array of filter and sort options
- Newly-introduced store intelligence feature to fetch info of all Shopify stores
- A large database and product library to help you find winning products for dropship
- Video making tools to create a unique video for marketing campaigns
- Google chrome extension to add products directly from Aliexpress – an Oberlo replacement
- Trending store finder feature within NEXUS explorer
- Multiple explorers to discover trending products
- More than 5,000,000 products to import from
- 9-in-1 tools
- All features on offer can be overwhelming for new users
- The free trial is only for 7 days.
Sell The Trend offers only one pricing plan, which you can sign up for on a monthly ($39.97/month) or annual ($32.97/month) basis. It's worth noting that the yearly subscription comes with two months free, and both plans include a 7-day free trial.
After trying a number of product research tools, Sell the trend stands out because it provides advanced and valuable capabilities that other applications don’t.
If you're researching product for your dropshipping business, DSers is a good choice.
As of this writing, it has over 3400 reviews, with an average star rating of 5.0 stars – so you know it’s going to be good.
Key feature and Pros
- Cost-effective: You may select from 4 different plans, ranging from a free version to a Pro edition. All plans have a slew of useful features at a price that won’t break the bank.
- Find products that are selling for low prices and which ship quickly to the USA (within 10 days).
- Find the same product being sold by other suppliers for less.
- Import products from AliExpress directly to your store.
- Edit the product title, description, etc. in DSers while importing them to your store.
- Manage multiple AliExpress Shopify dropshipping stores in your DSers account.
- Fulfill orders with just one click – fulfill multiple orders at once, in bulk.
- Earn cash back when fulfilling orders from AliExpress with DSers.
- It would be great if it would support more eCommerce platforms
- No bulk edit products option
DSers has a “forever free” plan with all of the tool’s standard features. There are also three paid plans with additional features, store limits, and product limits.
- Standard plan: $1.99/month. Along with all features of Free plan, you can manage more stores, sell 7500 products at most per account and have the ability to automatically update inventory.
- Advance plan: Just $19.9/month, you can manage 10 stores in an account, sell 20,000 products at most per account and access to all features.
- Pro plan: $49.9/month but you can have up to 25 stores and 75,000 products, access to all features of DSer.
The annual plans are less expensive than the monthly options. All of their plans have a 14 day free trial period to try the product.
I suggest using DSer because of its broad range of functions that make dropshipping easier. It can support syncing inventory data, handling bulk orders and using the Google Chrome extension to add new items; allows you to control orders and suppliers. Furthermore, it’s completely free plan including all features lets you save even more money from the plugins you can stop purchasing, for bundle mapping by example.
Another tool to help dropshippers: Oberlo is a product research and sourcing tool that integrates with Shopify and AliExpress to make it easier for dropshippers to locate, add, and ship items straight to customers.
Oberlo makes it simple to run your dropshipping business and keep your customers satisfied with completely automated capabilities and a wide range of customization choices.
Learn more: What's Oberlo & How Does It Work?
Key Features and Pros
- Simultaneous integration with Shopify
- Importing products in a timely and secure manner.
- User-friendly design with modern dashboard.
- High-quality app with a convenient Chrome extension.
- Order processing and fulfillment are automated.
- Daily product syncing.
- Several learning materials, video tutorials, online courses and coaching.
- Simple product customization
- Identify and replace product suppliers depending on quality and delivery schedules.
- Outstanding customer service.
- Product research tool locates winning products.
- Not compatible with other eCommerce platforms providers: Only Shopify stores.
- Only import AliExpress goods (even when using the internal marketplace).
- The “Bestsellers” category might boost competition, making it more difficult for your store to stand out.
- The Oberlo starter plan is available completely free of charge, and the Boss plan is $29.90 per month with more outstanding functions.
With Oberlo, both beginners and expert dropshippers benefit from the opportunity to start with a free price plan and upgrade as their business grows. Onerlo is always ready to ship worldwide and the addition of analytic software makes it straightforward to monitor the progress of your company from the offset. The interface and usability of Oberlo is unrivaled and nearly any activity can be performed in a matter of seconds.
04. Niche Scraper
Niche Scraper is a powerful SaaS (Software as a Service) application that assists eCommerce merchants in researching the best products to offer on their eCommerce site, whether it’s powered by Shopify, WooCommerce, or another platform.
Key Features and Pros
- Product scraper: analyze thousands of products each day to show you which have the highest selling potential. Assists you in researching winning products and establishing a million-dollar dropshipping business.
- Store Analysis: spy on other top stores to reveal their best selling products, traffic data, sale estimates and more.
- Hand picked: Update AliExpress’s best-selling product data hand picked every day with suppliers, ad examples and more.
- Video maker: Allow users to create product video advertising with only a few clicks.
- Using sophisticated search tools, you can find low-competition winning products.
- Ability to perform all of your work in one place (search products, analyze stores, discover Facebook video advertising, create product video advertisements and more) to save time.
- Expensive price
- When compared to other online product video producing tools, the video ad creator is not good enough to offer quality video
- Niche Scraper offers you the free trial account so you can check out the product research tool for yourself but some features are limited.
- The paid plan is $39/month. You will have unlimited access to all features. They also offer the annual membership at $199/year so that you can save more money.
The Niche Scraper is a powerful product research solution. It allows you to check out other Shopify stores and supports the discovery of winning items. It simply saves you time by conducting all of the necessary research in order to sell the right things.
Intelligynce is a collection of tools and software that assists aspiring ecom merchants in doing in-depth research, analyzing, and extracting the finest and most profitable products.
This program has access to over 2.5 million products across over 500,000 Shopify businesses, allowing it to spy on them. You may also use it to look for commodities on the Amazon and eBay markets.
Key Features and Pros
- Show winning products from AliExpress, Amazon and eBay.
- Check product price on AliExpress, Amazon and eBay in one click.
- Powerful product search filters
- Store Inspector tool with access to more than 500,00 Shopify stores.
- Show the active Google ads, Facebook ads, and the current top-ranking keywords in Google search results for any and all the Shopify stores.
- Intelligynce Google chrome extension for doing a detailed analysis of any Shopify store in a few seconds.
- Ali Inspector tool for extremely detailed and deep research and analysis of products on the AliExpress website, but without having to face the page loading errors & issues of the AliExpress website.
- Import unlimited products and product reviews to your Shopify store
- Downloadable files on each product as a separate folder on your computer containing all the important details like product descriptions, images, links, picture structure etc for each of those selected products.
- Lifetime access to this software bundle is extremely cheap and relatively affordable.
- Trial plan isn’t available so users can’t experience whether the tools are suitable for them.
- Can’t create slide show video ads for the products.
- Have to download the Ali Inspector 2 software on your computer to use it.
Intelligynce software suite usually costs $49/month, $99/year, $197 for its lifetime plan. But right now, they’re offering $39/month, $79/year and $99 for a lifetime.
You get access to all the software tools and features in all 3 off their Pricing Plans.
There is no trial plan.
This Intelligynce software bundle is extremely useful for newbies in the dropshipping business and currently looking for products research tools.
Another tool created for dropshippers specifically, AliShark was founded by Yousef Khalidi, a well-known dropshipping expert.
The website describes itself as a “spy tool” that analyzes several data points on AliExpress and alerts dropshippers to which products they should avoid. It’s a sophisticated product research tool that allows you to locate the best dropshipping items.
Key Features and Pros
- Live stats: As one of the most outstanding features on AliShark, you get to see daily orders of products live from your dashboard.
- Product information: includes necessary details you need to know about an item before you can go ahead and promote it.
- Product trends: This feature lets you see the history of sales and “adds to wishlist” over the last 2-6 months, predict trends and see when you could make a lot of money, or when the product is out of season.
- Advanced filters:This feature helps you a lot in laying hold on warm products, which is, potential winning items, and be one of the few selling it before it goes viral.
- Quick initial setup. If you are a novice dropshipper who is looking for product ideas to dropship, AliShark could be very useful.
- You can filter products in accordance with any criteria that you seem fit. The range of options available enables you to perform any sort of product research seamlessly.
- 2 day trial for $1. This is perhaps the best option for dropshippers who want to try out the tool before taking the plunge for $20/month. Nobody wants to be stuck with monthly payments for a tool which they don’t prefer using.
- No Free plan or 14-day trial for users
- No Facebook Ad targeting options. If you want a dropship spy tool with an Ad targeting feature, it’s better to look elsewhere.
- Not too many tutorials available for new users.
AliShark only has one paid plan, you can try it for 2 days with just $1/day and then $20/month.
AliShark is one of the best product research tools on the market, and it is well worth the money if you are a novice or even an experienced dropshipper. AliShark will save you hours of searching for hot sale items by providing you with relevant statistics that you would otherwise have zero access to.
The next one in the list is Allfactor, a platform that focuses on eCommerce in general.
Allfactor is a competitive analytics platform for eCommerce that collects billions of important data from a variety of sources, including Shopify, Walmart, Amazon, Etsy and others.
Key Features and Pros
- Marketing Insights: Give you a clear picture of the trend from many dimensions by using their large database and search capabilities, as well as core market metrics.
- Advanced Analytics:help you get a thorough understanding of the market by graphs, tabulations, comparisons and trend data.
- Real-time tracking: monitor the changes in selected variables over time.
- Help eCommerce merchants by spotting rising trends and new customer preferences to boost the promotion of your store’s marketing campaign plan.
- Organized interface, easy-to-use tools.
- Have a free account option which gives you limited data access, but you can use that to see if this tool is something for you and your store.
- High price, although they have a free plan but it gives you only limited data access.
- It’s said that Allfactor integrates with Shopify, Etsy and Amazon but it seems like they only launch Etsy products and store analytics tools only. The Shopify and Amazon interfaces are more like lists instead of tools.
Allfactor have 3 plans: The free plan gives you access to limited features. The paid plans Professional and Elite cost $99 and $199 per month respectively, giving you more access to all functions. Those paid plans are on sale so now they are $29 and $99 per month.
Allfactor has larger and broader data sources & cleaner design than most of its peers, definitely a new player in the eCommerce industry.
The concept for D-Nicheur came about after the founders noticed that they were testing between 200 and 500 products each week for their own stores, but that only a handful of them had promise. And then they provided all the ones they aren’t using in a Facebook group.
Soon enough, the interest got extremely high and they created the D-nicheur tool. Now, the app offers users several different methods to find winning products.
Key Features and Pros
- Winning Product Catalog: Give users a list of three winning products every day which they test themselves before offering it to their members and make sure not to oversaturate the market.
- Google search tool: Help you to learn everything there is to know about Shopify and what your eCommerce shops need.
- Free Chrome extension: Find all suppliers on AliExpress according to an image link. This is specifically for those that are currently dropshipping with AliExpress.
- It does more than just product sourcing as it offers examples of potential suppliers and Facebook Ads.
Need to get on a paid plan for premium features .
The current price of D-Nicheur is either $20 for one product per day or $30 for three products per day. Unfortunately, the website doesn’t offer a trial or refund period.
D-Nicheur is a fantastic tool that excels at doing simple tasks. It produces tried-and-true product concepts while also providing users with marketing data and access to vendors.
09. Dropship Spy
Tristan Glaves developed Dropship Spy with the goal of creating a platform that would assist entrepreneurs start winning by providing them with access to products worth investing in. Dropship Spy is now one of the most popular product research apps on the market.
Key Features and Pros
- Winning Products Tool: This dropshipping product research tool shows you all the winning products they offer currently. By filtering those products based on your specific niche or by a keyword, you can narrow the results to meet your needs.
- Promising Products Tool: Show you not the “winning” products but the items categorized as potential so you can turn into such in the near future.
- Smart Match: Show products that match the items you previously looked at or put in your favorites.
- Products Spy: can be called as AliExpress copycat, providing you all dropshipping products currently on AliExpress and the stats on them.
- Offer a ton of different products and research tools in one place to try out.
- Have great in-depth charts and information on all the products.
- Free trial or plan are not available
- Winning products shown to you are not exclusive, so the market saturation for these products is quite high.
Dropship Spy offers only one pricing pln right now, which costs $30/month.
Dropship Spy is similar to Sell The Trend in providing a variety of product research tools for market study and identifying new trends. The quantity of data and information you can acquire for each product sets it apart from other solutions.
Recommended: If your dream is to start a successful online dropship business, you can make it come true through Spocket. For more detailes, read this post for all the aspects you need to know about this e-commerce tool.
FindNiche is a free Shopify and AliExpress niche analytics tool that collects data from over 1,000,000 goods, 11,000 niches, and 700,000 Shopify stores.
Key Features and Pros
- Big Data: Extract meaningful data from big raw data. FindNiche has a broad number of accurate data compared to all other competitors.
- Fast updating daily: orders, proces, profits, etc. tracking.
- Powerful filtering: provide filtering, sorting, and searching methods.
- Smart picking: Pick winning, trending, high demand and secret products.
- Blogs and Articles: For both beginners and professionals, FindNiche has a blog section to assist both novices and pros with any issue. Whenever the tool is updated, the team makes sure to let its users know about it. There are also tips on how to maximize revenues for DTC and eCommerce companies and how to nail the best niche down with the tool’s assistance.
- Expensive cost for Elite plan.
- Limited access to free users.
After registering to the FindNiche tool, you will get an option to choose between premium membership or the elite one.
You will have to pay $29 per month for a premium membership, and for elite, you have to pay $59 per month. Elite membership has several best features included, like unlimited search counts and filters. Also, to get an idea of how elite membership works, you will have to pay $1 as the access fee for 7 days.
FindNiche is suitable for both individuals who are professionals or are just beginners. It’s the tool for every eCommerce startup, especially AliExpress and Shopify. There are a lot of opportunities to explore both in terms of maximization of ROI or gaining popularity.
Pexda is a popular product curator platform that offers you with the research of 06 products to try out on your store every day.
Pexda provides a wide range of tools that make identifying winning goods much simpler and more efficient.
Key Features and Pros
- Pexda provides users reports from analyzing Amazon, AliExpress, Facebook Ads; recommends high converting products.
- Provides the best new winning products every day.
- It has proven the way of Facebook Ad Copy for your inspiration.
- Help in discovering hot products just before they go viral and targeting customers that bring sales.
- Fully functional and user-friendly tool.
- They are not providing any webinar and tutorial like other dropshipping product research tools.
- The product addition is quite less than your expectation.
Standard Plan ($14.95/ month): This plan gives access to all the above features. This comes with an impressive introductory price of $1.95 for the first two weeks before rising to $14.95 each month after this.
Premium Plan ($24.95/ month): This plan includes everything in the Standard Plan, but with a few notable additions. It contains instant access to products whenever they’re available, which is a huge advantage.
Ultimate Plan ($99.95/ month): Ultimate members get access to exclusive offers that no other members do.
To conclude, Pexda might be a worthwhile investment because of its potential to find the right product for your dropshipping stores with a low price plan to begin with.
12. Sale Source
SaleSource is a marketing platform that uses product analysis, trend assessments and competition comparisons to help eCommerce stores develop quicker and more securely. It’s especially beneficial for merchants since it gives them many options for identifying the most popular and in-demand products.
Key Features and Pros
- Identify the most reliable online suppliers (via ratings)
- View all current sales locations for a specific product
- Determine which products are long term best sellers
- Use data on market trends to identify products with the potential to go viral
- Analyze competitor statistics (revenue, top products, visitor numbers, etc.).
- Compare product prices among top-rated suppliers
- Determine how many people/businesses are selling a specific product
- Automatically find top-rated suppliers, high converting product videos & generate descriptions
- View eCommerce suppliers, products with viral video content & track the best selling products
- Analyze and find winning products
- Check that a product is not saturated by looking at all other stores selling it
- Documentation is non existing, but at least there are training videos
- Some might consider it pricey
SaleSource offers Standard plan at $29/month and Pro plan at $83/month. Every plan has a 7-day trial with money back guarantee. They also has annual plan which is cheaper.
Store tracking and market competitor analysis are the most popular parts of the platform. If you’re serious about launching an online store, $69 per month is a reasonable fee. Use it correctly, and you’ll always have the edge on your competition. You’ll always know which products to invest in, why they’re a great choice, and what type of things your market competitors are doing to make money.
The next product research tool is ShopInspect, it can help you with different tasks. Its technology combs the web for the finest new viral products for your business.
Key Features and Pros
- Easy-to-use interface.
- Trending and most popular Shopify stores: Access to traffic analytics from the top 100 Shopify stores. Discover the best-selling items and sell them to who. Give you insights and information regarding monthly search estimates.
- Word cloud: This tool comes with a list of words, which helps you expand your search to get better results until you’re satisfied with the product you’re looking for.
- Analytics and demographics: Using the suggested interests for ad targeting under analytics can help alleviate the stress of looking for a customer for your business. And that’s what this feature can show you! Its customer demographics tool enables you to decide what gender and age groups are buying your product the most. So, you can target the right audience and cut down on your spending on ads.
- Video ads: ShopInspect provides video ads that have text overlay to explain what the product does.
- There are limitations in the starter paid plan.
- Standard plan ($16/ month paid annually): 10 searches per day
- Legendary plan ($19/ month paid annually): 250 searches per day
ShopInspect is an online application that searches the internet for particular keywords. The platform was created to assist you in locating products or shops which go along with a report. ShopInspect uses Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and discovers viral, trending products before they go viral.
Thieve.co will show you what’s trending on AliExpress and give you a lot of inspiration for your product research.
You just need to sign up for a free account, and Thieve.co will show you pretty awesome products from AliExpress. You can even filter products by categories and see items inside your niche.
At first, Thieve.co only had a free version available, but now it has a dropshipping version called Thieve Supply. This is what Thieve Supply looks like from “the inside”:
You can then sort these products by a lot of filter options, such as categories, sales, trending products, and so on.
Key Features and Pros
- Find products on AliExpress: help reverse image search AliExpress without having to trawl through super irrelevant search results in seemingly random categories.
- Sort & Filter Results: sort results by orders or relevancy, toggle irrelevant images off to improve results or filter by product reviews & orders.
- Good prices with a clear user interface. Help you find the best of AliExpress curated.
- Objectivity of the curation process could be highlighted better.
- Some users feedback that it loads very slow and some links are broken.
- Free to browse products and collection
- Dropship plan: $29/ month. Curated AliExpress products, 5-10 new products per day, Exclusive Curated Products, Stats and insights.
- Pro plan: $99 / month. All basic features, Pre Release Products Access, Premium Product Content
Overall, Thieve is a very modern tool with an excellent dashboard to provide not only a fresh but also useful tool to find the best winning products on AliExpress.
The Ecomhunt website describes it as “a curation of the best new products, every day.” This means that it is a legit way to find winnings and the most popular products online. It helps the users in hunting for the most popular products more efficiently, which makes the business’s sales conversion high.
Key Features and Pros
- Identify trending products: Help you not only with sourcing and selling major products in the main classifications but it can help you find niche products in less-popular categories too.
- Analyze the key financials and marketing data about products before committing to them. Ecomhunt tells you where a product comes from, how many stores are selling it. and how much profit you can make on it.
- Easy to find and research trending products
- Reduces the risk of committing to new products
- Helps you populate your dropshipping store quickly with products that will sell
- Helps you research the competition thoroughly and quickly
- Helps you emulate advertising and targeted marketing strategies that work on social media (Facebook)
- Reasonably priced Pro version unlocks all features
- The money-back guarantee means very little risk
- The free version has very limited features (by its own admission)
- If you’re serious about starting a dropshipping store you will need the pro version
- Free Version: 2 products per day, Very limited data, 5 saved products, 3 days delay on new products, No access to the community.
- Pro Version ($29/month): Unlimited products per day, Full data access, Unlimited saves, Zero delays on new products, Part of the private community.
- Ecomhunt offers a 30-day money-back guarantee so that you can effectively try before you buy.
Ecomhunt helps you populate your store and market the right products from day one. It helps you to start selling, marketing and generating revenues within days – rather than weeks or months of trial and error. You can start paying back your return on investment quicker and no longer have to wait months on end to see profits. So, if you’re just getting started in dropshipping, Ecomhunt could be a great fit for you.
16. Exploding Topics
Exploding Topics is more than a Product Research tool - it can help you to get ahead of the trend before your competitors are even aware of it.
Key Features and Pros
- Identify trending topics and products within various categories
- Easy-to-use interface
- Short of analytic capacities.
- Lack of analytics data. You can only get Search Volume and Topic growth rate.
For more great tools that give your eCommerce journey a boost, check out:
That was the final word! We hope that our list of the top 15+ product research tools has aided you in making your decision.
All of the tools mentioned above will suffice for product research, and we're confident that you'll get a good return on your investment.
If you have experienced any other excellent product research and sourcing tools or have any questions, please let us know! We’re always willing to hear from you!