After deciding to start your dropshipping clothing store, one of the most important next steps is finding reliable suppliers. With the right dropshipping clothing suppliers, you can access high quality products and enjoy stress-free buyer fulfillment.
In fact, partnering with a highly-rated dropshipping supplier can become a powerful differentiator for your business — that’s why it’s critical to get this right!
But with the hundreds of options available, finding perfect dropship suppliers can be daunting. Not to worry though, this article will set you on the right path — here’s our list of 9 top dropshipping clothing suppliers in 2023.
- Why dropshipping clothing is great business
- What makes a great dropshipping supplier?
- Best dropshipping clothing suppliers: Your top 9 in 2023
- You found a supplier: What next?
Why dropshipping clothing is great business
Ask anyone and they’ll tell you: there are few better businesses to start than a dropshipping store. With its low capital requirements and inventory-free model, anyone can start a dropshipping business and become successful at it. That’s why dropshipping is so popular.
The massive scale and growth of the industry reflects its global acceptance. Statistics indicate that the industry is currently worth $243.42 billion in 2023 and its value will nearly double by 2026.
But that’s not all. In this mammoth and constantly growing industry, fashion dropshipping stands out as one of the largest and fastest growing segments. Here are some reasons why:
Large market share
Out of the worldwide dropshipping market in 2022, fashion had the largest share by product type with roughly 30% of global market share.
Source: Grandview Research
And the fashion dropshipping market is constantly growing, at a faster rate than any other segment (24.8% yearly till 2030).
The segment dominates dropshipping due to factors like the ease of access to worldwide brands, changing consumer spending patterns, and a growing preference for online purchase of beauty products.
Easy to ship
Clothing is typically lightweight and barely takes any shipping space. So you can deliver more items in the same shipment and at only a fraction of the weight of bulkier products.
Clothing products are also easier to handle during the last-mile delivery stage. They can fit into almost any type of transportation, be it van, truck or delivery motor bike. They’re easy to handle and are unlikely to attract any of the special handling charges that more sensitive items require.
All of these combine to make clothing cheaper and relatively stress-free to ship.
Fashion is a big trend setter. And since the dropshipping business model lets you test and change products rapidly, it’s a perfect fit for an online clothing store.
While trends used to last for years, the rise of technology and the impact of social media has greatly condensed their lifespan.
As fashion industry trend analysts, Heuritech note, “Design and merchandising technologies have greatly reduced the speed-to-market, and social media makes it so trends rise and fall overnight.”
That’s excellent news for clothing dropshippers, since you can ride the highs of each trend to offer new and exciting products to buyers, with almost no risk.
Attractive profit margins
All the benefits above combine to present a business that offers a thriving market, minimal costs, unending product ideas, and healthy margins.
The savings you enjoy on shipping costs and buyer fulfillment help decrease your overhead. In turn you can offer competitive prices to buyers while enjoying a margin that provides good returns for your efforts.
It’s a solid win-win.
In case you’re new to clothing dropshipping, here’s a tutorial that will help you learn about the industry and how to take advantage of its growing popularity.
[Embed Shopify YouTube video on how to start fashion dropshipping — https://youtu.be/IFmPuM83dZI]
That said, you may find it harder to enjoy these benefits without a reputable and reliable supplier. Next up we’ll examine how to know when a dropshipping supplier meets these criteria.
What makes a great dropshipping supplier?
You’re likely to have your own requirements for what you need in a dropshipping supplier. If you don’t, it’s best to start with this.
Every business has unique supplier needs and yours will be no different. For instance, you may be in the hunt for vendors that:
- Offer a specific type of clothing item
- Deliver to a particular location; or
- Use sustainable production methods
Whatever those needs are, they should be at the top of your list as you evaluate potential dropshipping clothing suppliers. In addition to your list of special requirements, consider evaluating suppliers who demonstrate the following:
Verifiable production capacity
We can’t stress this enough. You don’t want to be stuck with suppliers that talk a big game but fail to show up when you need them.
Here are some factors to watch for when verifying a supplier’s production capacity:
- Check to see if they have a physical business address. This helps you avoid fake dropshipping wholesalers.
- Verify that the business address exists, either personally or through a third party service. For instance, online wholesale marketplace Alibaba verified sellers on its platform. It lets you confirm a verified supplier by attaching a tag to the seller’s profile.
- Ensure that they offer multiple product categories
- Review their track record through genuine customer reviews and third party sources
- Order a sample from the supplier before placing a bulk order
Some places you can check for the reviews the dropshipping supplier has received include:
- Amazon Customer Reviews
- Google Customer Reviews
Ideally, you should look out for suppliers that have at least 4.5 out of a 5-star rating. In certain circumstances, such as when a supplier has millions of reviews, you could lower this to a minimum 4-star rating.
But if the supplier has only a few customer reviews, you should look for higher ratings from them.
A supplier that offers quality products will be a great boost to your business. So this should be non-negotiable.
One of the easiest ways to quickly assess the quality of a seller’s products is to request a sample. Another is to connect with other buyers that have previously used the supplier’s services.
You can ask the supplier for a reference or join communities with other clothing dropshippers to learn their track record.
Fast shipping times are a key part of a great customer experience. According to the 2022 State of Shipping Report, 76% of customers choosing free shipping expect to receive their delivery within 1 to 5 days. And they expect even faster delivery timelines when they’re paying.
Source: State of Shipping report
Your dropship clothing supplier must be able to offer a quick shipping service, otherwise you’re likely to lose customers.
Source: State of Shipping report
No-issue return policy
Lastly, it’s important to pick a supplier that has a liberal return policy.
Fashion has high return rates — estimated at 16% in 2022 — so you’re likely going to be dealing with a lot of returned items. Your supplier should provide the necessary support to deal effectively with these situations.
Now that you know what to look for in a great supplier, let’s dive into our list of the best dropshipping suppliers in 2023.
Best dropshipping clothing suppliers: Your top 9 in 2023
Niche: All clothing types
AliExpress is highly popular amongst dropshippers globally. It has a reputation for a huge product selection (numbering in the millions) and incredible prices.
Being a dropshipping marketplace, AliExpress only connects you with dropship suppliers that are registered on its platform — so you won’t be dealing directly with AliExpress. However, the platform offers many features that make it a firm favorite amongst dropshippers.
- Massive product selection. No matter what kind of clothing you’re looking for, you’ll likely find it on AliExpress. The platform is also an option for dropshippers looking for unbranded items they can sell with their own brand.
- Extensive supplier directory. The thousands of supplier options allow for great product variety and price flexibility.
- Regular flash deals. Buyers regularly get treated to amazing discounts. You'll find even more eye-watering deals on Alibaba.com, which is a supplier directory for wholesale suppliers.
- Expansive return policy. 15-day “no questions asked” return policy, but items need to be in perfect condition with the original packing.
- Supplier authenticity: Transacting on the platform can sometimes be tricky as some suppliers may not be genuine or they may not have the expertise you desire.
- Overwhelming options: AliExpress is a massive dropshipping aggregator with thousands of suppliers. Combing through the platform can sometimes be overwhelming.
Don't Miss Out on Dropshipping Success – Learn All About AliExpress Dropshipping Center Here!
Niche: Designer brands
Price: €99 ($109) monthly
- Over 120 top brands: Buy from a wide range of worldwide brands including Adidas, Calvin Klein, and Gucci.
- eCommerce integrations: BDroppy offers integrations with WooCommerce, ebay, Amazon, SquareSpace, and PrestaShop.
- Next day shipping: Rapid order fulfillment with fast delivery times.
- Dedicated sales assistant: Get help with evaluating and selecting high quality products.
- High minimum order amount. €500 ($551) for EU countries and €2000 ($2204) for countries outside the EU.
- Targets designer fashion: BrandsDistribution supplies only high-end brands. You may have to look elsewhere for more affordable items.
Niche: Premium brands
Trendsi prides itself on being a one-stop supply chain solution for dropshippers. The dropshipping service aims to simplify every aspect of the experience, from product selection and payment to final delivery.
[Embed introduction video from Trendsi — https://youtu.be/uVVR5g40eMw]
- Free membership: No monthly subscription meaning you get to keep more of your profits.
- No minimum order: There are no minimum order quantities on Trendsi. The supplier also offers open packs on every product.
- Built on Shopify: This gives buyers access to features like secure checkout and payments options powered by providers like PayPal and Stripe.
- Shipping times: US products are shipped within 2 to 7 days, while products going outside the US take 5-10 days.
- No-exchange return policy: Trendsi offers a 7-day return policy, with items required to be unworn and in original packing. However, they do not offer exchanges.
Is Trendsi Right for You? Click to Read Our Unbiased, In-Depth Review!
Niche: High-end brands
Price: ₤262 ($327) monthly
BrandsGateway is based in Europe, although it also maintains offices in the US. It offers many value-added dropshipping services, including 30-minute expert brainstorming sessions, marketing resources, and guidance on the best marketplaces to sell.
- Wide selection of high-end brands: Offers worldwide brands including Moschino, Dolce & Gabbana, and Trussardi
- Automated Shopify plugin: BrandsGateway integrates with Shopify. So, if you have a Shopify store, buyers can place orders directly from your website.
- Wholesale suppliers: Place bulk orders and gain the benefit of genuine wholesale pricing.
- Pricing: BrandsGateway is relatively pricey at $327 a month. This reflects the exclusive nature of the services offered by this supplier.
- Outside EU shipping: While EU products ship within 1 to 2 days, products going outside the EU ship within 3 to 5 days.
- Return policy: BrandsGateway offers a 14-day return policy. However, returns based on a customer’s change of heart are not free and the customer will be responsible for customs fees.
Niche: Wholesale supplier
FashionTIY is a great fit if you’d like to offer diverse and affordable products. The dropship supplier provides unbranded items and print-on-demand services so you can make the clothing products truly yours.
- Clothes in all styles and sizes: FashionTIY has something for everyone, from kids to plus size and more.
- Affordable prices: The supplier offers prices as low as $3 on clothing items.
- Wholesale dropshipping: Dropshipping wholesalers will find this convenient especially for large custom orders.
- Print-on-demand services: Save the money you would have spent on Printful or some other printing provider.
- Designed for wholesalers: FashionTIY’s platform and service offering is tailored to dropshipping wholesalers. While retailers may be able to use the platform, it may be hard to find features that fit your needs.
- Mass market clothing: FashionTIY is in the business of mass market clothing, so it’s not an ideal location for luxury or high-end fashion items.
- Shipping times: Shipping with FashionTIY can take a while. Order handling time starts at 3-6 working days and this may extend to 5-10 days during busy season or public holidays.
Niche: Private label, print-on-demand
Price: Free for the first 25 products, then $35 monthly
Modalyst is an aggregator of dropship suppliers that has served over 350,000 online stores. The platform integrates with more than 500 eCommerce platforms including AliExpress and merchants in the US.
[Link to YouTube video for Modalyst — https://youtu.be/avgpSYP1Ex4]
- Over 3,000 product categories: This ensures you’ll always find the products you require.
- Easy to use app: Receive and fulfill orders on-the-go using the Modalyst dropshipping software app.
- Print-on-demand: With its printing service, Modalyst lets you receive all your dropshipping services on one platform, from product sourcing to customization and fulfillment.
- Integrations with eCommerce platforms: Modalyst lets online stores plug in to eCommerce platforms like BigCommerce, Shopify, and Wix.
- Supplier aggregator: Modalyst aggregates dropshipping suppliers, so it leaves you still needing to decide amongst the hundreds of suppliers on the platform.
- Return policy: The platform offers a 14-day refund policy for undamaged and unworn items. However, it does not offer a policy for AliExpress items. Instead, you have to discuss this individually with your AliExpress suppliers.
Niche: Blank apparel
Wordans is a European clothing supplier that specializes in casual basic clothing. The dropshipping company also has locations in Australia and Canada, giving access to numerous shipping locations.
- Sustainable products: The platform offers sustainable products as a special category.
- Customization: Wordans also operates a print-on-demand service, which helps reduce your stress and costs.
- Buy Now, Pay Later: Payment is stress-free with Wordans, you can pay at your own pace.
- Strict return policy: Wordans has a pretty strict return policy — it only accepts 72-hour returns of defective products. It does not accept returns for printed or washed items.
- Limited clothing options: If you’re not in the market for casual clothing, Wordans may not be your best option.
- Shipping times: Wordans processes and ships orders within a minimum of 2-4 business days.
Niche: All clothing types
Price: Starts at $30
Spocket aggregates dropshipping clothing suppliers from the US and the EU in one platform. The company offers a free 14-day trial period for those who want to test the platform without needing to make a commitment.
- Key eCommerce integrations: Spocket integrates with eCommerce providers like Alibaba, ebay, AliExpress, and Shopify.
- Branded invoicing: It lets you add your business touch to invoices and so you can shape the buyer experience.
- Steep discounts: Buyers on the platform receive discounts up to 40% on all products.
- Price: While it’s relatively cheaper than other fashion dropshipping suppliers, there’s still a fee to access the platform. Also, the fees reach up to $299 for the highest subscription.
- Supplier aggregation: Spocket only aggregates sellers, it doesn’t sell any clothes meaning you still have to invest time in finding and qualifying suppliers even after registering on the platform.
- Geography: Spocket only offers access to US and EU-based clothing suppliers. This might pose logistics issues for sellers with customers in places like Australia.
Niche: Kids’ clothing
Based in Italy, KidsDistribution offers convenient dropship clothing from various kids’ brands. The brands they support include Cesare Paciotti, Philip Plein, Byblos, and Diesel.
- More than 100 childrens’ clothing brands: KidsDistribution offers an impressive spread of clothing options.
- Integration with Shopify: If you own a Shopify store, it’s easier to buy straight from KidsDistribution. The platform also offers integrations with Prestashop and Magento.
- Wholesale prices: Buy at the quantities you require while enjoying discounts normally reserved for dropshipping wholesalers.
- 15-day return policy: While it’s not the most liberal policy, KidsDistribution lets buyers return items within 15 days.
- Narrow focus: You can’t go to KidsDistribution for anything other than kids’ clothes. So, if your target market is broader, you still need other suppliers to meet sales.
- Minimum purchase price: Orders on the platform start from €200, which is a relatively steep amount for sellers with a retail target market. It only makes sense for wholesalers.
- Limited free shipping: KidsDistribution offers free shipping, but only for orders of €1000 and above. Your order must also be going to an address in Italy.
You found a supplier: What next?
Hopefully, this list of top dropshipping clothing companies has helped you find suppliers that fit your business. But now that you’ve found a supplier, what’s your next step? Here are three ideas to get you started:
1. Build your online store
While you can start dropshipping without a website — by posting products on Instagram or other social media, for instance — owning an online store comes with numerous perks.
For example, dropshipping with a website lets you create a unique brand and an engaging buyer experience. What’s that worth to your business?
A lot, according to this study from PwC which found that 86% of buyers will pay more for a stellar buyer experience. Because of this, nearly 46% of companies, most likely including your competitors, are choosing to focus more on the customer experience.
With Shopify, a website builder used by over one million eCommerce store owners globally, you can design the perfect buyer experience.
Using drag-and-drop functionality, Shopify lets you build your online store in no time, and you can leverage thousands of beautiful templates that will captivate your customers.
Other features that make Shopify an excellent option for your dropshipping store include:
- Inventory and order management system
- SEO tools to optimize your eCommerce store
- Secure payment integrations
- Powerful analytics tools
2. Promote your store creatively
With your online business set up, your next step should be to consider avenues to promote it across the internet. Some ways to do this include:
- Creating and sharing content like “Top 10” products lists and “Where to find” articles
- Writing short, shareable content like Twitter threads on recent product trends
- Creating attractive boards on Pinterest
- Putting links to your dropshipping store in your social media profiles
- Embedding links to your store in social media posts
- Guest posting or guest featuring on the websites of some of the brands you sell
- Conducting giveaways and competitions that create awareness about your online store
Obviously, some of the tactics will be more effective for you than others. But the secret is to stay flexible and try new ideas.
3. Provide true buyer value
Lastly, keep the end goal in mind — your efforts will only provide the maximum return when you’re giving buyers true value.
What does true value mean for your customers? That’s up to you to find out using product research, buyer personas, and surveys that help you stay on top of your market.
But apart from this, you can take an informed guess at what most eCommerce buyers enjoy:
- High quality product options
- Seamless checkout process
- Fast and uncomplicated delivery
- Comprehensive customer support
You may not be able to control aspects of the sales experience, such as packaging, shipping or doorstep delivery. But what you can control is ensuring that every interaction you have with the customer showcases your dedication to their complete satisfaction.
And that’s it! You now have all you need to find top dropshipping suppliers that add value to your business. Take the next steps to create your own Shopify store and ensure customer satisfaction and you’ll be well on your way to dropshipping success.